PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Morris, B.C.; Bolding, M.C.; Aust, W.M.; McGuire, K.J.; Schilling, E.B.; Sullivan, J. Differing Levels of Forestry Best Management Practices at Stream Crossing Structures Affect Sediment Delivery and Installation Costs. Water 2016, 8, 92. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/w8030092
- Effectiveness of current and alternative bladed skid trail best management practices in West Virginia using USLE and WEPP erosion prediction models.
- Effectiveness of haul road stream crossing BMPs for in stream sediment reduction
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Characteristics and associated stream sediment issues associated with haul road stream crossings in the Virginia Piedmont
- Economic and environmental effectiveness of haul road stream crossing BMPs in the Southern Piedmont Region
- Morris, BC. Bolding, MC. Aust, WM., Lakel, W. Forest road stream crossings. How big is the problem?. In: Society of American Foresters National Convention. Charleston, SC. (2013).
- Morris, BC; Bolding, CB; Aust, WM. Cost and sediment reduction effectiveness of BMPs for a wood panel bridge on a haul road stream crossing in the Virginia Piedmont. In: 36th Annual Meeting of the Council on Forest Engineering: Forest Operations for a Changing Landscape, Missoula, MT. (2013). http://web1.cnre.vt.edu/forestry/cofe/documents/2013/Morris_Bolding_Aust.pdf
- Morris, BC. Bolding, MC. Aust, WM. McGuire, KJ. Schilling, E. Effectiveness of BMPs for stream crossing sediment reduction using rainfall simulation. In: 17th Biennial Southern Silviculture Research Conference. (2013).
- Morris, BC. Aust, WM. Bolding, MC. Potential effectiveness of best management practices for erosion control in West Virginia using USLE. In: 35th Annual Meeting of the Council on Forest Engineering: Engineering New Solutions for Energy Supply and Demand. (2012). http://web1.cnre.vt.edu/forestry/cofe/documents/2013/Morris_Bolding_Aust.pdf
- Morris, BC. Aust, WM. Bolding, MC. Bladed skid trail erosion prediction for the six physiographic regions of West Virginia. In: Appalachian Hardwood Forest Research Alliance Annual Meeting. Flat Woods, WV. (2012).
- Morris, BC. Aust, WM. Bolding, MC. Evaluation of best management practices for erosion prevention in West Virginia using USLE and WEPP models. In: 4th Annual Virginia Tech Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation Graduate Research Symposium. (2012)
- Morris, BC. “Best practices for cost-effective chipping of woody biomass in northern Idaho”. Master’s Thesis, University of Idaho, Moscow. 2010. 42p.